Please use the menu to the left to find information and applications relevant to the Clerk-Treasurer Department. Recently passed ordinances can be found below as well as the Permit Calendar which contains permits issued for street closings (block party, special event, parades), permits for extension of premises, special class b, etc. If you should have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at 262-524-3550 and one of our clerks would be happy to assist you. If you would prefer to contact us via email, please email us at email@example.com
The main responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer's Department include the following:
- Administers elections for the City of Waukesha & maintains the WisVote database
- Administers Oath of Office for a variety of appointments
- Collects real estate/personal property taxes and payments for City invoices
- Issues a variety of municipal licenses and permits
- Keeps record of proceedings at Board of Review Hearings
- Maintains City Code Book & publishes ordinances, resolutions & public hearing notices
- Performs all other duties required by law, ordinance or lawful direction of the City Council, and comply with policies of the City of Waukesha
- Prepares minutes for the Common Council and Ordinance and License Committee
- Prepares tax bills for property and business owners
- Processes and routes City Claims and special assessment letters
Recently Passed Ordinances
Ordinance No. 2-18
An Ordinance Amending Section 11.01 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Public Offenses.
Ordinance No. 3-18
An Ordinance Amending Section 2.015 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding the Timing of the City Administrator's Performance Review.
Ordinance No. 1-18
An ordinance repealing and replacing Chapter 29 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Sanitary Sewer Use and Wastewater Treatment.
11.41 Residence Restrictions for Sex Offenders
An Ordinance Amending Section 7.04 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, regarding Parking on Driveway Aprons within Terraces.
An Ordinance to amend provisions of the Aldermanic Districts, Wards and Polling Places Code of the Municipal Code of the City of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
An Ordinance to amend provisions of the Intoxicating Liquor Code of the Municipal Code of the City of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
An Ordinance Amending Section 7.07(4) of the Waukesha Municipal Code, regarding the Authority of the Chief of Police and Director of Public Works to Regulate Parking Temporarily.
Ordinance No. 11-17
An Ordinance Amending Section 22.08 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Adding the MM-1 Mixed-Use Manufacturing District to the List of Zoning Districts.
Ordinance No. 12-17
An Ordinance Creating Section 22.405 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding the MM-1 Mixed-Use Manufacturing District.
Clerk-Treasurer Permit Calendar
Includes approved block parties, special events, street closings, parades, special class b, and extension of premises permits. Permits are only put on this calendar after they have been approved and issued.
*To view special event applications submitted to the Clerk-Treasurer's office,
please click here.